Updated: Jan 19
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL 2022!
Tomorrow (Tuesday) we look forward to welcoming back all pupils in years EYFS to Y6 and from Monday 10th we welcome our new pupils to our new PreSchool.
I hope you have all had a safe and happy Christmas break with your families and I am very much looking forward to seeing everybody back in school tomorrow.
Leaders are closely monitoring the DFE covid guidance in schools and will update risk assessments as necessary. To reassure our families the health and safety of our community is an absolute priority and we will continue to put measures in place where practically possible.
Our biggest pressure is ensuring daily staffing levels are sufficient. Last term was extremely challenging and moving into the new year it is looking more likely that this pressure will continue. We want to avoid and prevent having to close year groups due to illness and insufficient staffing.
In school we will:
* Work within year group or childcare club bubbles where practically possible.
* Ask pupils to wash/gel hands on arrival and leaving school.
* Pupils will be reminded not to bring in personal items to school.
* Clean frequently touched surfaces.
* Staff will wear face coverings in communal areas and corridors.
* Staff will Lateral Flow Test at least twice a week.
* Staff will wear face coverings when talking face to face with staff, visitors or parents.
* Visitors will be limited to essential visitors only.
We ask our families to:
* There are many families/adults mixing during drop off and pick up. All adults must wear a face covering on the school site unless medically exempt.
* 1 adult per family on site at drop off and pick up to reduce the numbers of adults.
* Please support us and remind your children not to bring in personal items to school.
* If you think your child may have covid please test them before sending them in to school.
* Only send your child to Breakfast Club, Early Birds Club and Allsorts Club if you have booked.
We have a number of our pupils who have very serious medical conditions and it is IMPORTANT we protect these pupils from becoming seriously ill. Please support us in protecting all our pupils and school community.
Thank you for your continued support. Working together we can continue to provide GOOD education for all our pupils.